Asian wedding photographers – background
Asian wedding photographers will provide you with ever lasting memories of the special day. The desire is to have photos that compliment the family connection, the joyous occasion and all the smiles that come with all the happiness on the day. When searching for photographers there will be some skill variations required largely depending on religious orientation of the wedding ranging from Sikh wedding photographers or Hindu wedding photographers or Muslim wedding photographers.
- Mehndi or Henna on the palms of the bride indicating she is getting ready.
- The bride in a wedding dress with heavy wedding jewellery.
- Arrival of the groom and being greeted at the door.
- The wedding mandap.
- Bride and groom seated and/or engaged in worship.
- Religious rituals.
- Special moments together then with family.
- Portrait of the couple as a couple, with guests on their sides or attendants.
- Bidaai- the crying of the bride as she leaves her parents care.
- Wedding portrait of the happy couple.
Equipment for Asian wedding photographers
- DSLR cameras
- Professional lighting
- Pro editing tools
- Backup storage which is a really underrated because if they get lost, stolen or damaged then there’s no going back. *TIP – request cloud storage if possible as this is cheap, accessible and very safe.
Considerations for Asian wedding photographers
- Will you have a gender preference which is especially relevant to strict religious ceremonies
- What culture and religious theme will the wedding be?
- Are there ready-made packages since this may help budgets
- How many staff will you want?
- What medium will the images be required? i.e. USB stick
- Are you looking to capture Pre and Post Wedding events?
- Would you want an album?
- Would you want any wall art i.e. picture frames?
- How long has the business been in existence? *TIP – you can check Companies House here if it is a limited company.
Information required by Asian wedding photographer
- How many days coverage required since this is a factor in the cost
- The type of wedding as this will be especially relevant to the skill set required
- When is the date of the function?
- Do you know the timings?
- What is the location of the wedding, groom’s residence and bride’s residence because they will need to plan travel
Information to ask the Asian wedding photographer
- How many images will be provided so you can get an idea of the work involves
- Time required to get the images because you be very keen to see them!
- Why should I chose you? This should help narrow down the candidate
- What information do you need to provide me a quote?
- Setting up a contract which should include secure payment methods
- What stages of payments are there? i.e 25% deposit, 65% within 30 days of function and 10% on completion
- What situations would there be a refund because there maybe issues outside your control
- Where you meet for editing as this could be far away so important to know upfront
- Present a copy of their insurance therefore giving you peace of mind